Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

Hi, Wanted to know does USCIS check Paypal account when

Wanted to know does USCIS check Paypal account when processing GC?
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

How are you obtaining your GC? Is it through work? If so, then are you worried that they may see some unauthorized income?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, my company is sponsoring my GC, so yes its through work. I have some stuff I can sell through ebay. Ebay does not report any income to the IRS since it does not send me any 1099 form. But Paypal does send me a 1099-K form when I sell 200 items and transaction over $20,000 in a year. I am of course not gonna sell stuff over $20,000 and hence not get a 1099 form, then am I safe?

Well, you are never really 100% safe, but as far as checking a PayPal account, first they have to know that you have it. Second, they would have to get a court order to obtain those records. It is much different from, for example, checking a Facebook account to see if a married couple is really married. So I don't think they are going to use their limited time and resources to investigate PayPal accounts and other accounts from different applicants. Because of that, because of the limited resources (lack of money), I think your risk is very low. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!