Ask an Immigration Lawyer. Get an Answer ASAP.
Hello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.
When did you enter on the B1?
What did you tell the inspector you were coming to do in the US?
Aug 12 2013
On our company product training
Ok, so now what has made you change your mind?
You will need to write a letter about why you have decided to stay here and not return after taking the training. You did attend, right?
I got married on May 2013. After that she went back to US. Now i got some time to spend with her. Really i am enjoying the married life. So i want to stay hear with my wife till her H1 visa expires.
My current organisation have no issue with my exit..
OK, that is reasonable.
You may file to change status with the I-539.
2) What are all documents required for B1 to H4?
1. Copy of your Wife's biographic page of passport
2. Copy of her I-94 and visa page of passport
3. Copy of her I-797 H1B approval notice
4. Copy of her last 2 months of pay stubs
5. A letter from employer confirming she is continuing to work and hold her H1B status.
6. Copy of Marriage Certificate and translation if not in English.
7. Copy of your biographic page of passport
8. Copy of your I-94 and visa page of passport
9. A statement why you want to change status from B1 to H4. You would write basically exactly what you told me. That you came here on company training. That you attended the training. That you intended to return home at the end of the training. That you were married only in May and found out how much you enjoyed married life while here for training. You discussed exit with your employer and they have no objection and you wnat to now stay here and be united with your wife.
3) What is the process to convert from B1 to H4 ?4)How much time it will take to complete the conversion ?
Thanks for your advice.
I have one more question.
To whom i need to address in letter?
Service Center address where you send it
"To Whom It May Concern"
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).