Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.

1) Right now i am on B1 Visa my I-94 expires on Feb 12 2014.

1) Right now i am on B1 Visa my I-94 expires on Feb 12 2014. My wife is on H1B status. I want to convert from B1 to H4. Is it good ?
2) What are all documents required for B1 to H4?
3) What is the process to convert from B1 to H4 ?
4)How much time it will take to complete the conversion ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

When did you enter on the B1?

What did you tell the inspector you were coming to do in the US?

Judith

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Aug 12 2013

On our company product training

Expert:  Judith replied 6 months ago.

Ok, so now what has made you change your mind?

You will need to write a letter about why you have decided to stay here and not return after taking the training. You did attend, right?

Judith

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

I got married on May 2013. After that she went back to US. Now i got some time to spend with her. Really i am enjoying the married life. So i want to stay hear with my wife till her H1 visa expires.

My current organisation have no issue with my exit..

Expert:  Judith replied 6 months ago.

OK, that is reasonable.

You may file to change status with the I-539.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=94d12c1a6855d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

1. Copy of your Wife's biographic page of passport

2. Copy of her I-94 and visa page of passport

3. Copy of her I-797 H1B approval notice

4. Copy of her last 2 months of pay stubs

5. A letter from employer confirming she is continuing to work and hold her H1B status.

6. Copy of Marriage Certificate and translation if not in English.

7. Copy of your biographic page of passport

8. Copy of your I-94 and visa page of passport

9. A statement why you want to change status from B1 to H4. You would write basically exactly what you told me. That you came here on company training. That you attended the training. That you intended to return home at the end of the training. That you were married only in May and found out how much you enjoyed married life while here for training. You discussed exit with your employer and they have no objection and you wnat to now stay here and be united with your wife.

Judith

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for your advice.

I have one more question.

To whom i need to address in letter?

Thanks

Expert:  Judith replied 6 months ago.

Just write:

USCIS

Service Center address where you send it

"To Whom It May Concern"

Judith

Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience: 34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.