Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

Can I change employers, working in the same type of work under

Can I change employers, working in the same type of work under class R1 (for someone other than the original Petitioner on the current I-94 - which is valid until 08/2015)?
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

You are on an R-1 religious worker status? Who is the other employer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Another Foursquare Church located in Chandler, Arizona. The original Petitioner is a Foursquare Church in Los Angeles, California.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Guillermo, did that answer your question?

Yes. Sorry about that. It is a busy Sunday and lots of questions are coming in. It is the same denomination?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it is. Each Church operates independently, but they all operate under affiliation with the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel. I believe member churches are referred to as a "Charter Member Church".

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I also have an approved I-360 Petition with the same original Petitioner.

Then yes, it should be relatively easy for you to change employers since it is the same work and the same organization. You would file a new I-129 but it would be essentially be almost identical to the previous I-129 with the same and updated supporting evidence. You should file it and wait for approval before starting work at the new location. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!