Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

Citizenship for green card holder What is the process to acquire

Citizenship for green card holder
What is the process to acquire US Citizenship? Presuming, at some point we are awarded the green card. Is there a specified number of years stipulated we need to wait and live in the US, pay taxes etc.? Is it a matter of simply asking for it, or is there a sort of selection process, based on job, education, relation with the law, etc....
Since you are getting it through employment, you would need to wait 5 years after getting your green card. The earliest you can apply is with 4 years and 9 months of Residency status. You just apply, pay for it, take the exam, pass it and prove you have good moral character and enough physical presence in the U.S. Here is a link:

There is no selection process nor is it based on job, education or anything like that. If you meet the requirements that I listed above and that you can find on that page that I linked you to, then you should get it.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you positively as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. And don't forget that bonuses are always appreciated! Thank you.