Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!

can a person who has a charge of second degree petit theft

can a person who has a charge of second degree petit theft (LVL DGR misdemeanor second degree) qualify for Deferred Action?
Thank you

Hi there! Thank you for using this service. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you with your questions today.

How old was this person when the crime was committed?

Was the offender sentenced to more than 90 days in jail?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She was 25 years old.

No. she was sentenced to 6 months probation , attend anti-theft course and being a qualified offender pursuant to 943.325, she was required ti submit DNA samples as required by law.

the offense was committed in 2012

In this case, she appears to still be eligible.

Significant misdemeanors will make a person ineligible for DACA. This does not appear to be a significant misdemeanor becasue she was not sentenced to 90 days or more in jail.

I hope I have answered your questions. If you need more help, please use the reply button to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my satisfactory customer service (not the outcome or the state of the law which I cannot control) with a top-three rating, as this is the only way I receive credit for assisting you.

A bonus is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have immigration or TSA questions in the future, just click Ask Expert James a Question! and make sure you write "FOR JAMES" in the subject or at the beginning of your question. This is the only way to ensure that I will assist you.

Thank you!