Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

Hello, my wife married me for green card, and I have a proof

Hello, my wife married me for green card, and I have a proof that she was cheating.
She applied for the 10 year green card as married, even though she already had a divorce, and have witnesses lied about her being happily married, cause she already left the house to live with those "witnesses."
I need an advice please
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

First, I'd like to thank you for your service to our country. Second, I'd also like to tell you that this happens often and it burns me up that people are so desperate to get into the U.S. or stay in the U.S. that they resort to marriage fraud.

18 U.S.C. § 1325(c), provides a penalty of up to five years imprisonment and up to $250,000 fine for any "individual who knowingly enters into a marriage for the purpose of evading any provision of the immigration laws."

You can report marriage fraud in three different ways:

1) You can go to and file the report there.

2) You can call the ICE hotline at 1-(866)(NNN) NNN-NNNN

3) You can contact the local USCIS field office by going to

You should have evidence of the marriage fraud handy in case they want to ask you questions or have you send evidence into them.

If you are successful, and I truly hope that you are, she would be eventually permanently deported from the U.S. The penalty is so harsh that not even having U.S. Citizen children would save her.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!