Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

o I am an Israeli citizen.i am in th USA trying to get green

o I am an Israeli citizen.i am in th USA trying to get green card then citizenship.im not married,currently not working.My Israeli passport is expired as of 9/16/13.i am on probation for traffic violations(no drivers license,2 dui's,not checking in with probation officer}I failed to attend a hearing today in front of judge who put me on probation.i also have 2 other driving offenses since probation.i have airline ticket to leave country and go back to Israel on Sunday 10/13/13.will I be able to leave country without having to worry about being arrested at airport?????
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

So you are giving up on Residency and all you want to do is leave the U.S.?

What visa did you use to enter the U.S.?

When did that stay expire?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I feel I must go home,no job here,no family,no money.i came on visitors visa.it expired last november

Ok. Because they are minor crimes, I doubt there is any bulletin or anything to look out for you leaving. Plus the U.S. makes it very easy for people that have overstayed to leave. TSA is just interested in security and checking to see that you are the same person that bought the airline ticket to leave. They aren't concerned with your legal status. So it should be very easy for you to leave. But there are two things that you have to keep in mind if you leave:

1) There may be a warrant issued for your arrest. If you ever try to come back into the U.S., you could be arrested at the port of entry. If you have no intention of ever coming back, then that isn't something to be worried about. Also, because it is such a minor crime, they aren't going to bother with wasting money to have you extradited.

2) When you leave the U.S., you will also not be able to come back for 10 years because of your overstay unless you get a very hard to get waiver.

So as long as you keep those things in mind, it should be easy for you to leave the U.S.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/ and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

one more question,first of all you made me feel somewhat at ease.im not as worried anymore.thank you your answers were very quick and thorough.my Israeli passport is expired as of 9/16/13,is this a problem to leave USA? is it a problem to fly with it? is it going to be a problem for me to get into Israel?

You should renew the passport because it isn't that you will have a problem with the authorities to leave, it is that you will have a problem getting the airline to let you board the plane. You see if you do not have a passport to allow you into Israel and Israel doesn't let you in, then they have to pay for brining you back to the U.S. So I would get it renewed as quickly as possible. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you positively as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. And don't forget that bonuses are always appreciated! Thank you.
Experience: 10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Did you reply? If you did and you do not see your reply above, it is because we have been having technical difficulties. Please repost your reply and to make sure it went through, you should be able to read it on the thread, not get a mostly blank screen after hitting the reply button. I believe I may be able to help you. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you.