Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

about F1 visa and J1

do you remember me

I had question about J1

I have short term J1 visa with 212e law in my visa but I want to stay here more

you said I can get F1

I have another question

I wanna know if I get a fellow ship for postdoc

I return to my home country and finish my PhD after that can I come for postdoc ?

which kind of visa is for postdoc ?

Hello again. Yes, I remember you. Thank you for requesting me. Yes, you can apply for a fellowship/postdoc. It would basically be another F-1. So you can change to F-1 status while in the U.S. or you can apply for F-1 status from outside of the U.S. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you positively (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. And don't forget that bonuses are always appreciated! Thank you.