Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

I have been in USA with my children for 6 months, return date

I have been in USA with my children for 6 months, return date to South Africa is by 7 November 2013. We have flights booked for October 27th. My visa and passport are valid up to 2019. I would like to return to the USA for Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday period, will I be allowed to come back into USA so soon. Regards Gail
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

Yes, it is possible, but you have to be prepared to answer the following:

1) How much time do you need?

2) Why do you need you so much time?

3) Why you couldn't do what you needed to do during the last trip?

4) How will you be supporting yourself for this additional time since you are not allowed to work?

5) What STRONG ties do you have to your home country to ensure that you will go back?

6) What preparations have you made to go back?

They may not ask you anything at all, but you should be prepared to answer those questions. There is never a guarantee, but the better your answers are to those questions, the better chance you have.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!