Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

When I start my application process I told my lawyer migration

When I start my application process I told my lawyer migration got me in my first intent on getting in the usa i did not remember the year ofthat she said it didn't matter so when my visa application was aproved and we send the waiver application after the biometrics appointment it turn out by not knowing the right year of my entrance to usa and guessing they thought I was here for more than a year and then that e i when back to Mexico and then I came back again so they denied my waiver ....want to know what can I do to fix this
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

What was the waiver that you applied for? Why did you apply for the waiver? What else were you applying for?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

hi i aply for a waiver of ground of inadmissibility form i_601 when the biometrics results sshow that they got me triyng to get in usa was 2003wich i did not remember and on my aplication i have that i enter in 2002 wich was a guesing now

You entered the U.S. illegally? Why do you need the waiver?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

yes i enter illegally

Are you applying for the I-601A or the I-601? And what is the exact reason they are denying your waiver? Because I doubt it has anything to do whether you came into the U.S. in 2002 or 2003? Please hurry because it is 4:30am for me and I only signed on for a few minutes.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

i_601a thry think brcause of the date of my aplication i was here in 2002 then they cputh me in 2003 triyng to get in wich was the fisrt time so they think i was here for more thay a year then went back to mexico and came back

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

i_601a thry think brcause of the date of my aplication i was here in 2002 then they cputh me in 2003 triyng to get in wich was the fisrt time so they think i was here for more thay a year then went back to mexico and came backwe can continue tomorrow i know is late

I wouldn't try the I-601A waiver anyway. Why? Because right now there are millions of undocumented persons in the U.S. that are married to U.S. Citizens and even have U.S. Citizen children but they do not leave because they are afraid to be stuck outside for 10 years. What has changed is that before, a person had to leave the U.S. and spend around 15 months or so while waiting for their appointment at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in their home country and then HOPE that they got approved, but the change is that now they say that the same person can apply inside the U.S., supposedly get a pre-approval, but they still have to leave the U.S. and present themselves to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. So why do I think it may be a trap? Because it could very easily be a way to just get those many millions of people to finally leave the U.S. and once they are outside, they can still be denied the waiver even though they have a "pre-approval". I just don't trust that. So I would just wait for immigration reform to come out. I know that may not happen for awhile, but it is the safer thing to do.

If you still want to go forward with it, if they have denied it, you will need to file an I-290B and ask them to reconsider or appeal the decision and show evidence that you did you leave the U.S. Here is an official link to the things that you can use to prove physical presence in the U.S.:

http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/SLB/HTML/SLB/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-11261/0-0-0-38239/0-0-0-39611.html

Your attorney should be helping you with this. I am logging off now, but I will be back in a few hours. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/ and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!

Did you reply? If you did and you do not see your reply above, it is because we have been having technical difficulties. Please repost your reply and to make sure it went through, you should be able to read it on the thread, not get a mostly blank screen after hitting the reply button. I believe I may be able to help you. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

hi i have no prove or how to prove when i get here for the first time ....so the website you told me about does not help my case. however i have ptove that in 2002 i was in mexico still can i use it as evidence? if aply againg for the waiver?? . can my lawyer appeal to redice the time that i have to be out of contry before i can return tu usa???

You are supposed to prove that during the time that they say that you were outside you were actually inside of the U.S. But no, the penalty is 10 years if you leave. That cannot be reduced. It is either 10 years or you get the waiver. There is no reduction. It is 10 years or zero if the waiver is approved. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you positively (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. And don't forget that bonuses are always appreciated! Thank you.

Experience: 10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.