Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

Im want to go visit my boyfriend in the USA. He is American

I'm want to go visit my boyfriend in the USA. He is American and I am British. I plan to go for a month. Am i able to stay a week or so longer if I choose to? Will I have problems going through immigration visiting my boyfriend (as they might think i want to stay) or will I be fine. I have a job and home i'm returning to in the UK. I also have a return ticket.
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

Yes, you should be able to use an ESTA Visa Waiver to visit, but I would not volunteer the information that you want to visit a U.S. boyfriend. I would have a different and truthful reason like for example, if you have other friends in the U.S., that you are visiting them. Or that you want to site-see in the U.S. Have some other legal reason to visit and it also the truth. Do not lie about anything. If they press you on the matter and they ask you directly about a boyfriend, you must say the truth, but make sure you carry with you strong evidence of the good life you have in the UK and that you will go back.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you positively (not the state of the often unjust laws which I have no control over) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you feel I have earned one, bonuses are always appreciated. To request me in the future, make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!