Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Hy I have gotten filed for eb3 green card while I was in India

Hy I have gotten filed for eb3 green card while I was in India in 2006 by a company. Eb3 now back logged and seems might take 15 yrs to move . Since I did masters now I am eligible for eb2 which is current for 2008 for India.my I 140 for eb3 is approved in 2006.i am trying to use this priority date for eb2 category with a new company. Is my plan has any holes?

Hello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

No holes in your plan.

This is a very common approach.

Even of the company withdrew your I-140 under EB3, you still get to keep the priority date for a new employer.

Judith

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have got credential done successfully for newyork physiotherapy board with my masters education inindia in physical therapy. is that good enought to be qualified for eb2 as masters or there is seperate process to prove i am masters before i do eb2.how expensive is it to withdrew i140. how much wil be the attorney fee.how long it will take to withdrew i140.can i demand the comapny to have it withdrawn as i dont want to deal with the company anymore

This is an entirely different question than your original question about retention of the priority date.

You are now asking about what qualifies for an EB2.

You will need to post that in a new question thread.

I will answer your question about withdrawal of petition because that is related to your first question.

.how expensive is it to withdrew i140.

It is free. It costs nothing to withdraw a petition.

how much wil be the attorney fee.

No lawyer is needed, it is just written in a letter and simply says "Please withdraw the petition".

how long it will take to withdrew i140.

No more than a month.

can i demand the comapny to have it withdrawn as i dont want to deal with the company anymore

Yes, you can demand the company to withdraw the petition but they do not have to do anything you demand of them.

The petition belongs to them and they can do anything they want with it.

Judith