Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Hi, Im am cruise line crew member, Im signing off in los Angeles

Im am cruise line crew member, Im signing off in los Angeles and flighing to Canada for a week vacation, Im flighing out with my C1/D Visa.
Ill be back to the USA in 1 week and enter with my B1/B2.
Will I have problems through inmigration?
Im a peruvian citizen with 2 american visas (C1/D , B1/B2) and a Canadian Visa
Thanks
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

You should not have an issue if you can prove that you you are just coming to visit the U.S., you have made arrangements to go back home and that you have the intention to go home and that you have strong ties to your home to almost guarantee that you will go back. That you will use a C-1/D to enter first and then a B-2 to enter later is not that big of a deal. What matters is that you prove non-immigrant intent. So you be prepared to answer the following questions at the Port of Entry, just in case:

1) How much time do you need?

2) Why do you need you so much time?

3) Why you couldn't do what you needed to do during the last recent trip?

4) How will you be supporting yourself for this additional time since you are not allowed to work?

5) What STRONG ties do you have to your home country to ensure that you will go back?

6) What preparations have you made to go back?

The more evidence and information you have, the better it is. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/ and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!