Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

Greetings! Will there be a receipt notice or any kind

Will there be a receipt notice or any kind of statement saying that a labor certification request has been submitted by the petitioner??? Thank you so much in advance!
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

Yes, a receipt is issued, but do you have reason to believe that you cannot trust your employer? Does the company use an attorney?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is just about making sure where I am. And with the lawyer saying that no receipt notices are given for a labor certification request, makes me wonder and most of all worried.

Well, you may not get one. The Department of Labor is not like USCIS. USCIS would issue you and the company/lawyer a receipt. The Department of Labor would issue one most likely only to the company/lawyer. You can speak to the company lawyer to ask them to pass on the case number XXXXX soon as they get it. With that number you can check the status of the case. That website is down at the moment, but here is a link:

You would find the link to check the status at the bottom of that page. So just get that number and you can check your status and not have to worry or bother the company or attorney nor would you need to get your own attorney.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!