Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I have a court date on nov 19 2013 and need to travel before

I have a court date on nov 19 2013 and need to travel before that outside the country.
can i do so
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

What is the court date for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
For a first time DUI I paid the bale
If you are on bail, then you most likely have some travel restrictions. If you have a bail bondsman, you would need to speak to them about leaving the jurisdiction. If you paid all the bail yourself and do not have a bailbondsman, then you can skip that, of course. As far as your court date, you will need to motion the court (with a copy fo the state prosecutor) for a continuance and explain the reasons why and clearly state where you will travel to and when you will travel and why and when you are coming back. If the continuance is granted, then you have no issue as they are on notice that you are leaving the jurisdiction. You should file the motion as quickly as possible because they usually like at least 30 days notice unless it is an emergency travel and this doesn't seem to be even though it may be urgent travel.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/ and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!

Did you reply? If you did and you do not see your reply above, it is because we have been having technical difficulties. Please repost your reply and to make sure it went through, you should be able to read it on the thread, not get a mostly blank screen after hitting the reply button. I believe I may be able to help you. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you.