Georgetown Lawyer
Georgetown Lawyer, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of Immigration Experience in All Areas A-Z complex immigration cases & issues in all areas
46665915

MY name Tecle Last name Sebhatu, My A# XXXXX I came to

MY name Tecle Last name Sebhatu, My A# XXXXX I came to USA in 2000 with a Visitor Visa, & over stayed and I file for Asylum, But my applivation denaied in immigration office.later I appeal in BIA ,while the BIA Jude olso denaied & ordered a removal to Eritrea. this was in 2002, after this I have fieled an appeal two times, while denaied. this case stayed on procces up to 2004, in two 2004 around September my Attorney field an appeal or motion for Reopen in fouth Circute,this case also Denaied or Dismised. After this my Attorney past away and my case interrupted up to year 2011. in November 2011 I hire an Attorney I start my process to Adjust my status on a base of marrage, thus I got married with mu USA citzen wife, Furtunately the I-130 approved,while the motion for reopen case denaied.again I have tried to file by my self to the fourth Circute court,becouse 1st I couldent find a reasonable attorney toi take my case,2nd I couldent afford the expence which they have asked me, 3rd in order to keep the 30 days time for fieling. this time also denaied. again I hierd an Attorney and I have applied new asylum case on base of my Daugther thus: if I deported my daughter will be a Victim....... Any way this one also denaied, Dear Sir/Madam I hope you will get it by Refering my name and Alien Number.so in this case my question is: a. do i'm a eligible to file the I-601A ? Does i'm in Removal procciding? is my case addmissiably closed? if it is not closed and when i'm ready to fiel the I-601A, How I procces to close my case administratively,and which office I should have to submit my application? In some Attorney web site I have read this: those who entered the USA with Visa they have a chance to adjust their status without leaving the US.is that True? I hope you will understand my wrong grammatical English and speling thank you for your help. the page doesn't shift to new Line sorry .
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Georgetown Lawyer replied 10 months ago.

Hello Tecle and thank you for using our service. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

I understand your English and Grammar perfectly. You said you were ordered removed in 2002 but later you state that you still have not received an order of removal?? Also, your A# XXXXX XXXXX by this service, you can try writing it without the "#".

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

What I mean the Juridiction of the 2002 was to go back to Eritrea, it was oral decision I think.but I hope you will get it after you got my A number.

A079470602

After that day I have not recived any order by mail, or no one follows after me.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

A079470602

HI J.D Have you got my reply,may I wait you for your answer?

Sorry the system just sent your reply to me. So let's address your questions. First of all anyone can get an I-130 approved if they are really married and show proof, so getting that approved did not mean you would be able to get anything else done in the u.s.

a. do i'm a eligible to file the I-601A ?

The 601A is for people who only have the problem of being in the u.s. unlawfully and this gets them forgiveness. They file it before leaving the u.s. to go to the u.s. embassy in their country. This does not apply to you, you have been ordered removed. No one is looking for you because they do not have the time or manpower and as long as you are not committing any crimes you are a low priority for them. The order deporting/removing you in 2002 is final at this point. I heard your information and the BIA denied you again last year, 2012. The only hope for you is to get your removal case re-opened by showing changes in your country that have recently occured that put your life in danger, not just your daughter's life. Unfortunately, you are only allowed one motion to re-open and you have already exceeded that number.

Does i'm in Removal procciding?

You are not in removal proceedings. Your case is done and you were ordered removed/deported and the BIA and Circuit court agreed with the immigration judge that you are deported.

is my case addmissiably closed?

No your case is not administratively closed. A case is administratively closed when the government closes the case without the person being ordered removed but they have no application they can file but for some reason the government wants to allow them to remain in the u.s. Your case is different because you were ordered removed and that order is final.

if it is not closed and when i'm ready to fiel the I-601A, How I procces to close my case administratively,and which office I should have to submit my application?

You cannot file 601A and you cannot administratively close your case since you have already been ordered removed.

In some Attorney web site I have read this: those who entered the USA with Visa they have a chance to adjust their status without leaving the US.is that True?

Yes, that is true if the person hasn't already been ordered removed/deported from the u.s. But even for those who can file the 601A, they still have to leave the u.s. after the approval to go to the u.s. embassy for the visa/green card and have no guarantee they will be able to return to the u.s. If a person like you leaves the u.s. with an order of removal you can be sure you are not coming back.

The botXXXXX XXXXXne is you have already used up all of your appeals and motions to reopen your case. You should not spend any more money because cases like yours can only be fixed by new immigration laws and there are none for you yet. I'm sorry I cannot give you good news but if you try to keep filing any applications, this will bring you to the attention of immigration and they can just pick you up and deport you because you already have a court order deporting/removing you. IF you are ever caught in the u.s. they will simply deport you as you have no right to be here at this point.

You may find lawyers telling you what you want to hear so you can pay them money to try to "reopen" your case but the case will most likely not be reopened and I have no reason to lie to you because the lawyers on this site cannot represent you outside of this site, so we will tell you the truth.

I hope this helps you understand. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law or whether you dislike the answer) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just make sure you type: FOR GEORGETOWN LAWYER on the subject line. Thank you!

Georgetown Lawyer, Immigration Lawyer
Experience: 10+ years of Immigration Experience in All Areas A-Z complex immigration cases & issues in all areas
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hi Ms. Lisa

Geoge town Lawer.

I want to ask you some questions, before that I would like thank you for your clear answers of my questions of yesterday.

My questions are: You gave me an answer according to my information which I gave you or you find it from my Alien No. Information?

2. when the Judge of BIA gave his 2002 judgement,after that I never recived any order of removal or deportation.in the year 2010 acompained with one caritas prist with one lower we call, or the Lawer calls any immigration office in Washington Dc. and asked If there is any deportation or removal order Tecle ? was his question.But the was no,the last papper was the fourth cicute court order.any way my general question is "the answers which you gave me yesterday are the from the Information which I gave you or From my Alien No"

both. your lawyer in 2002 would have been given the removal order and probably never gave you a copy. You can also call 1-800-898-7180 and enter in your A# XXXXX then press # XXXXX to hear the decisions on your case. So my answers still apply I'm afraid. Thanks and I hope that helps clarify. Best regards.
Georgetown Lawyer, Immigration Lawyer
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

The reply box came to me blank..

Hi Tecle,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Lisa