Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

Form 6059B states I can bring up to $10,000.00 in cash or in

Form 6059B states I can bring up to $10,000.00 in cash or in someother form into the US. As I am travelling with my husband and we fill out one form does this mean we can each bring $10,000.00? Thank you.
Hi there! Thank you for using this service. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you with your questions today.

Form 6059B is filed on a per family basis. That means each family traveling together should use one form. And the form requres that you declare if you singularly, or collectively (traveling together), are bringing in $10,000 or more. So this means if you, as a family, are bringing in more than $10,000 total, or any sinlge person is carrying $10,000 or more, then it must be declared. It can refer to each person or a total for all persons traveling together.

I hope I have answered your questions. If you need more help, please use the reply button to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my satisfactory customer service (not the outcome or the state of the law which I cannot control) with a top-three rating, as this is the only way I receive credit for assisting you.

A bonus is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you want me to answer questions in the future, just go to Ask Expert James an Immigration Question! and make sure you write "FOR JAMES" in the subject or at the beginning of your question. This is the only way to ensure that I will assist you.

Thank you!