Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

Can TN visa holder write an invitation letter to a friend/fiance

Can TN visa holder write an invitation letter to a friend/fiance for US visit?

Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

Yes, this is permissible, but the most important thing that immigration wants to see Is that the person invited has strong ties to their home country to prove that they will return home when their time is done. Can they enter on let's say a B-2 visa, marry and then change status to TD? Yes, this is permissible as well.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the often unjust laws which I have no control over) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you feel I have earned one, bonuses are always appreciated. To request me in the future, make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!