Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

My passport is expiring on March 1st 2016. My H1B validity

My passport is expiring on March 1st 2016. My H1B validity is till Jan 2016.

Do my passport expiration date should be 6 months beyond H1B validity?

I am going for stamping in India in November.

Hello, my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

Since you are seeking visa stamping in 2013 and you could not possibly get your passport extended now since it expires in 2016, you visa stamp will be issued until

3/1/2016 because you have more than 6 months valid passport at the time you are getting your visa stamp.

When you renew your passport they will staple your old passport to your new passport so that you can use your visa stamp until it expires in March.

If you try to enter after Sept 2015, you will only get an I-94 until the expiration date of your passport.

Judith

May I answer any additional question for you to clarify and earn your positive rating. Your deposit is not released an an expert does not receive compensation unless we have satisfied you fully.

I am here to provide you excellent service 24/7.

Judith