Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

hello my question is if a us citizen woman married to someone

hello

my question is if a us citizen woman married to someone and she sponsored his spouse he got his greencard if she gets divorced to him and marry's someone else and sponsors him to for greencard will he be able to get the greencard through her and if so how long will it take
thank you plz reply soon
Hi there! Thank you for using this service. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you with your questions today.

Yes, that is fine. As long as the US citizen does not have a pattern or practice of getting married, sponsoring green cards, and then divorcing, over and over, this should be fine. In this case, there's only been on before this, so there should not be an issue.

Many people over the years have gotten married and sponsored green cards, and then divorced and re-married to do the same thing.

I hope I have answered your questions. If you need more help, please use the reply button to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my satisfactory customer service (not the outcome or the state of the law which I cannot control) with a top-three rating, as this is the only way I receive credit for assisting you.

A bonus is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you want me to answer questions in the future, just go to Ask Expert James an Immigration Question! and make sure you write "FOR JAMES" in the subject or at the beginning of your question. This is the only way to ensure that I will assist you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

u didnt reply the other question if after getting divorced is there any waiting period to apply for the spouse the green card and how long would it take to get it ;previously was her first marrige

Syed,

My apologies. The adjustment of status or immigrant visa process for a green card takes anywhere from 8 to 10 month to complete.

Thank you!