Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

My fiances POE was Sept 7, 2013. We will be married Oct 19th.

My fiance's POE was Sept 7, 2013. We will be married Oct 19th. Her K1 visa will expire after 6 months. It's my understanding that we must file the I-485 before the expiration. However, she wants to get pregnant very soon, which means she may have to defer one or more of her vaccinations until after the baby is born, which will in turn delay the filing of her I-485. If she chooses to delay her vaccinations until after her child is born, delaying the filing of her I-485, will that jeopardize her ability to get her AOS to permanent alien?
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

Luckily, no it will not. Filing the I-485 later will put her back into legal status even though technically she will be illegal until the I-485 is filed. Remember that marriage to a U.S. Citizen and filing the I-485 puts a person back into legal status that may even have been illegal for 20+ years!

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the often unjust laws which I have no control over) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you feel I have earned one, bonuses are always appreciated. To request me in the future, make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!