Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

How do I get a letter stating the date and year that I entered

How do I get a letter stating the date and year that I entered to USA, I am an American Citizen but need legal documentation of the year I entered to this country
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

My mother entered the U.S. from Cuba a few years before that, 1967, I think. In order for you to get such proof, in fact, you can ask for an entire copy of your immigration file, and for FREE, all you have to do is file a G-639 Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) request. Here is the official link to the form:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=6f2a4154d7b3d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

The last one that I did for a client which was in June or July only took about a month or two to get back a copy of her entire file. If you need it much faster, you can write a simple letter explaining why you need it quickly. If they find the reason compelling enough (back it up with evidence if you have it), then you should be able to get it faster.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the often unjust laws which I have no control over) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you feel I have earned one, bonuses are always appreciated. To request me in the future, make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!