Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!

I would like to ask another question regarding the same case.

I would like to ask another question regarding the same case. I see in the offense, the words "non-violent" and "non-repetitive". Do these have any significance regarding deportation of the offender or non-deportation.

The issue is really going to be the record. If the record shows that a violent act and/or domestic violence was committed, that would be enough, regardless of what the actual language says about "non dangerous - non-repetitive."

Just because the state finds this to be the case, it does not mean that immigration will do the same. Often, immigration consequences of criminal acts are more severe than state consequences for the same acts.

Furthermore, as I said previously, a conviction for an attempt to commit a deportable offense has the same immigration consequences as a conviction for the offense itself. So yes, and attempt may not be violent in and of itself, but because the attempt has the same consequences as the offense itself - which is a crime of violence - it is a deportable offense. And a domestic violence offense is a deportable offense.

If the language of the statues under which you were convicted requires a bad intent, like knowingly or intentionally committed the act, and the act itself is an act of violence of a domestic violence offense, you still would be subject to deportation.

Now remember that the information you are given here is general in nature. I highly suggest you contact an immigration attorney in Arizona that is familiar with the Arizona criminal code. From what I have gathered in reviewing the code and the conviction offenses listed in the code, these are deportable offenses.

Please know that I always do my best to help customers come up with a good solution, but from time to time, the law does not provide a good solution to every situation. Please do not hold bad news against me by giving me a negative rating.

I hope I have answered your questions. If you're satisfied with my answer and my professionalism - not the outcome or the state of the law which I cannot control - please select a top-three rating. Remember that the bottom two negative ratings are used for Experts or professionals who are rude and/or bad at their job. I'm confident you'll find me to be professional and truthful with you.

A bonus is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you want me to answer questions in the future, just go to Ask Longhorn Lawyer and make sure you write "FOR LONGHORN" in the subject or at the beginning of your question. That is the only way to guarantee that I will assist you.

Thank you!