Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

Hi I am Australian citizen and on E2 visa in USA I want to

Hi I am Australian citizen and on E2 visa in USA I want to get married to my girl friend which she is from Taiwan and she leaves In Taiwan What is the best place for us to get married here in USA or Australia or in Taiwan And how long it will take for me to bring her here What is the best way for me to do should I bring her here on visitor visa and get married She has been here in USA for few times and is getting harder for her to come back In custom they ask a lot of questions by the way my Margie was finished about two months ago In Australia But she never being here in US as my wife And I never apply for her I have been here only two years Please let me know thanks
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Just please remember that often the law is not good news. IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

First, does she have any visa to get into the U.S.?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

i know it is ok

yes she has Taiwan passport and can come stay on visitor visa some time up to 6 mounts

Well, using the ESTA Visa Waiver, she can enter and marry, but she cannot stay. So she can come, marry here, then leave to Taiwan and apply for an E visa as your spouse. If she is legally living in Australia, she can do it there too. Or she can marry you anywhere that it is legal and apply for the E visa in Taiwan or anywhere that they is living legally. It should take about a month to 3 months processing time. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/ and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

so she dos not need to wait about a year as i hear some people after they get married they have to wait up to one year

Not for that type of visa. The ones that have to wait around 9 months to a year are fiancees of U.S. Citizens, or spouses of U.S. Citizens. For a non-immigrant visa like the spouse of an E-2, there is no long wait, just a month to 3 months, but probably less. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. And don't forget that bonuses are always appreciated! Thank you.
Experience: 10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.