Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!

do i need to renew my green card in order to travel to U.S

do i need to renew my green card in order to travel to U.S Virgin Islands, Saint Thomas?

Hi there! Thank you for using this service. My screen name isXXXXX and I'll be helping you with your questions today. All I ask in return is that you give me a positive rating for my customer service once I have finished assisting you to your satisfaction. If you feel the need to use "poor service" or "bad service," please ask follow-up questions instead, so that I can try to help you further.

You do not need your Permanent Resident Card to travel and enter the U.S. Virgin Islands from the continental U.S.

All you need to travel to the US Virgin Islands is what you would need if you travel within the US, which is a state issued ID. That means if you have a state ID card or a state driver's license that is valid, this will be sufficient.

You do not travel through an immigration check point if you are traveling within the US and its territories.

I hope I have answered your questions. If you're satisfied with my answer and my professionalism - not the outcome or the state of the law which I cannot control - please select a top-three rating. Remember that the bottom two negative ratings are used for Experts or professionals who are rude and/or bad at their job. I'm confident you'll find me to be professional and truthful with you.

A bonus is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you want me to answer questions in the future, just go to Ask Longhorn Lawyer and make sure you write "FOR LONGHORN" in the subject or at the beginning of your question. That is the only way to guarantee that I will assist you.

Thank you!