Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!

I applied for assaylm on feb 2, 2013, am i suppose apply for

I applied for assaylm on feb 2, 2013, am i suppose apply for employment authorization or should i have received it automatically? cause till this day i have not received any employment authorization. if so do i have to pay a government fee?
Hi there! Thank you for using this service. My screen name isXXXXX and I'll be helping you with your questions today. All I ask in return is that you give me a positive rating for my customer service once I have finished assisting you to your satisfaction. If you feel the need to use "poor service" or "bad service," please ask follow-up questions instead, so that I can try to help you further.

You will need to apply for employment authorization (if you are eligible) yourself, by submitting form I-765.

If you are an asylee or an asylum applicant, and you are filing for your first EAD, there is no fee. Subsequent requests require a fee.

I hope I have answered your questions. If you're satisfied with my answer and my professionalism - not the outcome or the state of the law which I cannot control - please select a top-three rating. Remember that the bottom two negative ratings are used for Experts or professionals who are rude and/or bad at their job. I'm confident you'll find me to be professional and truthful with you.

A bonus is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you want me to answer questions in the future, just go to Ask Longhorn Lawyer and make sure you write "FOR LONGHORN" in the subject or at the beginning of your question.

Thank you!