Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

a friend of mine was arrested in October of 2006 for a fight

a friend of mine was arrested in October of 2006 for a fight at a hockey game in Buffalo New York he was charged with a 3 Rd degree misdemeaner , he paid $2.500. to get out of jail .

he wants to know if he could enter the US .

Thank you Louise Corrigan
[email protected]
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

He will be using a B-2 tourist visa to enter the U.S.? What was the final disposition of the case? Did he pay any fine? Did he serve any jail time? What was he sentenced to?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what is a B-2 he paid a fine of $2.500. he was in jail from October 6-2006 to October 10-2006 wen the fine was paid plus he had to pay a lawer down there $1.000.00

A B-2 is a visitor visa. Is he Canadian? Will he be using just his passport to enter the U.S.? What was his final sentence for that crime? And what was the charge? Assault? Battery? Was it against a girlfriend or family member?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes he is Canadian he does have a passport, he was charged with asalt in th 3 Degre with intent to causes phys inj , harassment in the 2 degree, ( it was a fight with another guy at a Buffalo hockey game he did not know the guy never saw him before )

in the papers that i have the court program where SENTENCE is it says CD/ACD ( or return date october 12 -2006 )

As long as it was not a fight with malicious intent to do evil (which a fan fight like that rarely is), then it is not a Crime Involving Moral Turpitude. So to have the least amount of issues crossing the border, he should carry with him a CERTIFIED copy of BOTH the police report and the court disposition to prove that it was a minor crime that does not make him ineligible to just use his passport. Here is an official link of what a CIMT is:

You would look at the bottom of page 7 where is states crimes against persons that are not CIMTs. You will notice that a simple assault is listed there.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!