Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

Hello Experts, 2 years ago I have applied for my green card

Hello Experts, 2 years ago I have applied for my green card through my employer.. I am from India and EB2 Category and have perm and I-140 approved but due to Priority date I cannot apply for I-485. Meanwhile this year I got married to US Citizen and applied through US Spouse last month for concurrent I-130/1-485 .. I am looking into the Alien Number on the I-797C for I-485 and looked into the online portal my employer has for my green card processing info ( Its just the information and has no document) and I am seeing the Alien number is XXXXX matching...does that mean Family Based Petition and Employment Based Petition both are using the same Alien Number? Also, will it be a problem in processing my employer never shared me the Alien number so I did not know about it .Today my employer created a new website for Immigration and I was going through my information in the website and noticed that I have same alien registration number through employment based and family/marriage based GC process... Is it normal to have same alien registration number?My Employer does not know at the moment that I am filing the green card through my marriage to US Citizen...I am in H1 at the moment and planning to file extension in Dec this year based on approved I-140 as I learned from different people that both can go side by side but now having same alien number I am confused. Should I tell them immediately as my H1 will expire in Feb and in case my marriage based GC applied on Aug 22nd did not come through by then I was planning to apply for H1 extension based on approved I-140. Pls help
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

You are only supposed to have one A# XXXXX yes, it is the same one because the A# XXXXX XXXXX immigrating no matter which is the way that you are immigrating be it family, employment, asylum, investment, etc. So do not worry. Everything is fine.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!