Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

HI I AM A US CITIZEN NOW FILING I-130 & I-485 TO MY

HI

I AM A US CITIZEN NOW FILING I-130 & I-485 TO XXXXX IS NOW HERE IN US
ALREADY FILED ALL NECESSARY FORM AND DOCUMENTS
MY INCOME ON MY TAX RETURNS IS NOT ENOUGH SO I DID FOUND A FRIEND WHO IS QUALIFIED TO BE A SPONSOR BUT NOT LIVING WITH US , SO HE DID FILED I-864 AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT FOR MY SON
NOW IM READY TO SEND AND FILE ALL BUT
MY QUESTION/;
DO I HAVE TO XXXXX I-864 ( OR I-864A) FORM MYSELF( EVEN MY INCOME IS NOT ENOUGH TO SUPPORT ) AS A PETITIONER ALONG WITH MY FRIENDS FORM I-864??? OR JUST ONE I-8464 FROM MY FRIEND FORM AND DOCUMENTS IS ENOUGH TO FILE
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

I hope your son is unmarried and under 21. Yes, you have to file an I-864 even though you do not qualify. It is not an I-864A, it is an I-864 that you file. So you will be filing your I-864 and your friend's I-864.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/ and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks i understand but on form I-864 first page question 1 (d,e,f)

which one should i tick??

1d)i am the only joint sponsor

1e) i am the ___ first ____ second of two joint sponsors

1f) the original petitioner is deceased.........( sure not this one)

You mark 1.a. You are the petitioner. Your friend marks 1.d.

I also notice that you have 4 posted questions and only one rating. Please remember that we experts are not paid a salary and only get paid when you rate us positively. I don't mind answering follow-up questions even after you rate me positively, but please do not forget. Thank you!