Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

My brother is usa citizen I am uk citizen how long do take

My brother is usa citizen I am uk citizen how long do take for my file they file is in uk
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

When was the I-130 filed for you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
In 2009
Ok. Take a look at this link:

All Charge-ability Areas Except Those Listed CHINA- mainland born INDIA MEXICO PHILIPPINES
F1 15SEP06 15SEP06 15SEP06 08SEP93 08MAY01
F2B 15FEB06 15FEB06 15FEB06 22FEB94 22JAN03
F3 22JAN03 22JAN03 22JAN03 15MAY93 22DEC92
F4 22JUL01 22JUL01 22JUL01 08OCT96 15FEB90

As long as you were not born in Mexico or the Philippines, you will see a date in the 4th category, siblings of U.S. Citizens and that is 22JUL01. This means that I-130s filed on or before July 22, 2001 can now be used to immigrate to the U.S. So unfortunately, you will have about an 8 year wait for 2001 to get to 2009, when your I-130 was filed. This is a waiting line of people that have applied before you and nothing in the law allows for you to jump ahead of anyone else in line, not even in an emergency. I am truly sorry, but through that petition, you will have to wait to use it. I wish I had better news for you. You are free to try to immigrate in other ways, of course, but through your brother, you have a number of years to wait.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!