Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

can I have canadian PR and work in US as a H1B worker? am I

can I have canadian PR and work in US as a H1B worker? am I allowed to enter US on the Canadian PR?
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

You would need the H-1B visa to enter the U.S. You cannot use just the Canadian PR. Even if you were a Canadian citizen and used your Canadian passport, you would still need an H-1B visa if you want to be in H-1B status.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/ and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what is a H1B visa? something that you get only at US embassy? I have a H1B acceptance cause I already work in US. is the so called "visa stamping" what I need?

so what would I need to do? go to the US embassy in canada to get one?

The visa is the stamp in your passport. If you are already in the U.S. on H-1B status and you do not need to travel, then you do not need the visa stamp. But if you do need to travel in the future, then you will either need to go to your home country and apply for an H-1B visa stamp there at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your home country, or you may be able to also get it in Canada if your Canadian PR is still valid. Only U.S. Embassies or Consulates can issue visa stamps. You cannot get one inside of the U.S. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. And don't forget that bonuses are always appreciated! Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so is not possible to come back on us just with the h1b acceptance letter and the canadian PR?

No, it is not. IF you were a Canadian citizen and you applied for a TN status, you could do that at the Port of Entry, but you cannot enter the U.S. just on your Canadian PR and an acceptance letter of an H-1B. Sorry. Please do not forget to rate me positively. Since I am not paid a salary, it is the only way that I get paid. You are not charged again and I will not abandon you after you rate me positively if you have additional questions. Thank you.