Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

hi how many times i can enter US in one year with B1/B2

hi how many times i can enter US in one year with B1/B2 visa, is it possible to enter every month?
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

You can enter as many times as you like. There is no limit. There is only one rule. To "reset" the time that you get, you can go anywhere except Canada, Mexico or any of the adjacent islands to the U.S. If you go to one of those, to "reset" the time, you have to be there 30 days or more.

Now that is the only rule. However, at some point, if you keep doing that, you will be stopped because you are not supposed to use a tourist visa if you aren't really a tourist and it looks like you are living in the U.S. and just leaving to reset the time. So even though it is not a rule, the general idea is that you should spend more time outside of the U.S. than you do inside. So if you come for a month, you should stay out for 3. If you come for 6 months, you should stay out for a year. As I said, this is not a rule, just a general idea so that the officer doesn't think you are living in the U.S.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/ and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!