Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.

Hi ! I paid the fees of the uscis 165$ 07/27/2013 when should

Hi ! I paid the fees of the uscis 165$ 07/27/2013 when should I receive my green card?

Hello,my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

What form did you file for $165.00?

What visa are you coming with?

Thanks for the additional info to answer your questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Immigrant visa category IR 2

The immigrant visa processing usually takes 3-5 months.

Once you pay the your sponsor will receive instructions on submitting the I-864 and you will get your instructions on beginning the immigrant visa process by submitting the DS-230 Immigrant Visa Application.

After that is received the USCIS will request your background/security check be
done by the FBI.

When the clearance on you is received your file is forwarded to the US consulate
or Embassy closest to you.

You will then receive her instructions for her medical and visa

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I received her visa we came to USA on 06/19/2013 and she had an A number. Nobody told me in USA consulate to pay the new fee of 165$ .on July 26 /2013 I recieved a note from the uscis to my address in USA that I should pay the new fee of 165$ so they can issue her green card and i paid it on 07/27/2013, till now I didn't receive anything!

OK, now I understand. That was a new fee that came into place this past spring and you got caught up in the middle of it.

It usually takes a minimum of 30-60 days to process the fee in the system and then to order production of her card.

She should have a stamp in her passport that is temporary evidence of her resident status and that is her proof until the card comes. You need to give it 90 days.

If she does not have that stamp in her passport you can make an InfoPass appointment at your local USCIS office and have her passport stamped.

I understand this has been a long and painful process, but she is here with you now and just give it a little bit more time to get the actual card.