Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

On the fiance visa, do you have to get married within 90 days

On the fiance visa, do you have to get married within 90 days upon entering the U.S. or upon receiving the visa?
Hello again. If one does not marry within the 90 days, they are supposed to leave. from that point on they accrue unlawful presence and can only marry the person that sponsored them. They would also be subject to removal at that time. IF the marry the person that sponsored them even after 90 days, they can still get Residency without having to leave the U.S. Please let me know if you have additional questions but please do not forget to rate me positively. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

But the 90 days does not start right from when you receive the visa, correct? The time starts when you actually come to the U.S?

It starts when the person enters the U.S., correct.