Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

Hello, I am a US citizen that married a woman in China in December

Hello, I am a US citizen that married a woman in China in December 2011. Since then, we went through the immigration process until she arrived this past May with a 2 year conditional marriage visa. Last week she removed her belongings and moved to a different home. Is there any recourse for me to take to have her deported?

Thank you for using this service. I'll do my best to answer your questions as completely and honestly as I can. All I ask in return is that you give me a positive rating for my customer service. This is the only way I get credit for assisting you. If you feel the need to use "poor service" or "bad service," please ask follow-up questions instead, so that I can try to help you further.

Please know that I always do my best to help customers come up with a good solution, but from time to time, the law does not provide a good solution to every situation. Unfortunately, I cannot change that. I am only here as an information source, so please do not hold bad news against me by giving me a negative rating.

No, not really. About all you can do is contact the USCIS and ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) and file a report of suspected activity. Here, you can file a report of suspicious activity with ICE: http://www.ice.gov/exec/forms/hsi-tips/tips.asp.

You can do so for marriage/benefits fraud, however it will require that you have actual proof that she committed a fraud. This would be the only way you can get her deported.

Note, however, that 1 year and 9 months after she entered the US, she will be required to file form I-751, Application for Removal of Conditions. She is required to file that jointly with you, unless she has been divorced, and can show that she entered into the marriage in good faith. That might be hard to do, when the USCIS and ICE have a record that indicates possible marriage fraud.

I hope I have answered your questions. Keep in mind that I only get credit for my work if you rate me positively. If you're satisfied with my answer and my professionalism - not the outcome or the state of the law which I cannot control - please select a top-three rating. Again, if you feel the need to use "poor service" or "bad service," please ask follow-up questions instead, so that I can try to help you further. Remember that the bottom two negative ratings are used for Experts or professionals who are rude and/or bad at their job, and I'm confident you'll find me to be professional and truthful with you.

A bonus is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you want me to answer questions in the future, you can write "FOR LONGHORN" at the beginning of your question, or go directly to my question page here: Ask Longhorn Lawyer

Thank you!