Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration

Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am sorry for your situation.

This falls under the "Good Moral Character" requirement for citizenship. Good Moral Character is defined on a case by case basis (INA Section 101(f)) and may apply to virtually anything. Good moral character is defined on a case-by-case basis under INA Section 101(f), and actions include all considerations without regard to whether the applicant has been arrested or convicted.

Whether or not disorderly conduct will fall under the good moral character issue is up to the agent reviewing the matter. I will be honest, it is hard to say and I have seen it go both ways. However, if one has had no other issues and has been paying their taxes, then there is a good possibility that this will be waived.

Please note: I aim to give you genuine information and not necessarily to tell you only what you wish to hear. Please, rate me on the quality of my information and do not punish me for my honesty. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)