Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

Hi m chapagain from tx. I would like to ask u 1 question. My

Hi m chapagain from tx. I would like to ask u 1 question.
My question is. M a permanant residence n going to apply for citizenship next yr
Bt my prbl. Is my license was suspended bcuse my license was expired. I already reinstated it n paying sr22 insurance for 2nd yr. Will this suspenson affects my immigration or not. I will be thankful to u if u givd me a best consultation.
Thank you for using this service. I'll do my best to answer your questions as completely and honestly as I can. All I ask in return is that you give me a positive rating for my customer service. This is the only way I get credit for assisting you. If you feel the need to use "poor service" or "bad service," please ask follow-up questions instead, so that I can try to help you further. Please remember that the law sometimes does not have a satisfactory solution for your issue; unfortunately, this is something I cannot control.

No. Motor vehicle traffic violations will not affect your citizenship application unless something you were driving while on a suspended license and someone was injured or killed by you. Nut if you just had a suspended license, and nothing else,related to it, then you will no face any issues with naturalization and immigration/citizenship. Everything will be just fine.

I hope I have answered your questions. Keep in mind that I only get credit for my work if you rate me positively. If you're satisfied with my answer and my professionalism - not the outcome or the state of the law which I cannot control - please select a top-three rating. Again, if you feel the need to use "poor service" or "bad service," please ask follow-up questions instead, so that I can try to help you further. Remember that the bottom two negative ratings are used for Experts or professionals who are rude and/or bad at their job, and I'm confident you'll find me to be professional and truthful with you.

A bonus is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you want me to answer questions in the future, you can write "FOR LONGHORN" at the beginning of your question, or go directly to my question page here: Ask Longhorn Lawyer

Thank you!

You should continue asking questions here if they are related to the first question.

If it is only that you had a suspended license, then you are fine. Everything is fine for citizenship. But if someone was injured while you were driving on a suspended license, then you should not apply for citizenship now.

Like you said, nobody was injured, only suspended license. So this is fine. No problem here.

Thank you!