Wilton A. Person
Wilton A. Person, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Knowledgeable and experienced immigration lawyer.

I am a 78 year old Canadian born woman. I like to spend the

I am a 78 year old Canadian born woman. I like to spend the winter in Florida with a gentleman friend. I am retired but do have a fairly good income. How long can I stay in the U.S. Is the time in any given 365 days or is it a calendar year. Thanks!
Thank you for your answer. The positive news is that you would be able to stay in the United State with your Canadian passport for up to 180 days for each calendar year. Canadians enjoy special privileges with respect to travel and business in the United States. The general rule is that a foreign national should allow at least six months between trips to avoid any claims that you are planning to immigrate to the United States.

Please find the link to USCIS Service Manual Book for your reference about travel to the United States and the allowed length of stay.