Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

The advice of the attorney, even though it was for over 30

The advice of the attorney, even though it was for over 30 grams possession of marijuana, was that they can't deport you for a misdemeanor. Would this allow for any chance at a vacature and if so how do you prove that this was the advice that was given. As far as I know it was given orally from the immigration attorney to the defense attorney.
They can deport for over 30 grams regardless of it being a misdemeanor or felony. It may allow for a vacature if it can be proven. Maybe the attorney that gave the wrong information would sign an affidavit admitting it if they maybe received a signed letter from his stating that he would not sue or hold the attorney liable for the incorrect advice. I don't the attorney would do it, but it is at least worth a try.