Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

hello , Me and my husband had the i-571 interview today, officer

Customer Question

hello ,
Me and my husband had the i-571 interview today, officer check all our documents together.
Now me and my husband hadnt have the best marriage since we got married 4 years ago, has been a lots up and downs , i have been having anffair since 2012 approx 1 year and few months , officer knew the countries i visited before with this guy and the officer put me on the spot in front of my husband. My husband was suspicious, but he never knew for sure till this meeting he got shock.
Im us citizen and he is the petitioner, the officer told us to wait for a decision within 2 weeks. Wold you advise me what will happen next ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name is Guillermo Senmartin and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

They will either deny the case, send a Request For Evidence (RFE), or issue a Notice of Intent to Deny (NOD).

In the case of a denial, you would have about 30 days to appeal the decision, show why the officer was wrong and submit additional evidence. In the case of the RFE, you would just submit the additional evidence they are asking for. In the case of an NOD, you would respond to the reasons that they want to deny your case and submit evidence to support your arguments.

So you will have an opportunity to respond one way or the other. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to Thank you!
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!