How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 107566
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was holding, my Mothers Naturalization Certificate, it got

This answer was rated:

I was holding, my Mothers Naturalization Certificate, it got lost due to the Sandy Hurricane, that destroyed part of my House.

Now I am filing for my Mother an N-565 Form to replace the Naturalization Certificate, however I have only the Certificate number, not the place of Court were it was issued and date.

Were can I get that information?
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

It would be the place that she was living at when she obtained her U.S. Citizenship. If you can remember the city and state where she went to for the oath ceremony, that would be more than enough. If you do not remember exactly and she does not remember either, then just put the state. With the state and even just with the certificate number, that should be enough.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.



Thank you.


How about with the Date when she obtained her Citizenship?


BTW: I will give you an excellent feedback.

Thank you so much. Get as close to the date as possible, maybe just month and year. Really the most important is the certificate number. They ask for all of that other stuff just to check and often as other information because it is more common for someone to remember the date and location than the certificate number and they don't have the certificate number available. So by having that number available, the other information is not really that important.

Related Immigration Law Questions