Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

hello, i am a cuban an my wife is costarrican. We both have

Customer Question

hello, i am a cuban an my wife is costarrican. We both have a tourist visa so we can get into USA at anytime. Once I apply for the ley de ajuste cubano. Will we both receive a temporary green card or a work visa, or how long will this process take and what documents do i need to provide?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

If you can each get in, when you reach 1 year and 1 day in the U.S., you can each file an I-485 under the Cuban Adjustment Act. You will either both get it at the same time or you will get yours first and then she will get her approval after yours. Here is a link in English:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=6d893a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=6d893a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

And here is the link in Spanish:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis-es/menuitem.e693c9cf3c2f7d18d52fae1074a191a0/?vgnextoid=1c913751fdf93210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=1c913751fdf93210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

It will take about 6 months after you are able to apply and you need to show proof of your legal entry, proof that you are Cuban, and proof that she is married to you. Of course, each of you will also need to present birth certificates.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This info you provide me i already knew it. I mean that once we both step into America, and we want to start with the process are we ilegal or we can work? or how long does this procedure takes in order to receive some paper so we can work.

Unfortunately, I cannot assume what you know and what you do not know. Imagine if I did that and I left some very important information out. I know what you are looking for me to tell you and I am going to have bad news for you. Yo soy nadico aqui en Miami pero mi madre es de Matanzas, tengo MUCHA experiencia con este tema. Lo que usted esta buscando es como entrar a EEUU y poder trabajar legalmente lo mas antes posible. Desafortunadamente, es ilegal que yo le diga como hacerlo. Yo no puedo y no voy a riesgar mi licencia de abogado en decirle como hacerlo. Solamente le puedo decir que si entran legalmente, tarde o temprano van a terminar ilegal si no extienden su estatus. Pero no van a poder recibir un parole o permiso de trabajo hasta que llegan tener un año y un dia en EEUU. Cuando tienen un año y un dia en el pais, pueden solicitar la I-485 y tambien el I-765 para un permiso de trabajo. Despues de solicitar, entre 2 a 4 meses despues, tendria su permiso de trabajo. Dentro de 5 a 7 meses despues de solicitar, deben tener el entrevista para poder completar el proceso de Residencia. Avise si tiene algunas otras preguntas y por favor de no olvidarse de dejar una opinión sobre mi servicio a usted, no el estado de las leyes. Es la unica manera que el sitio me paga. A usted no le cobran de nuevo. Gracias.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the answer of how to get the papers meanwhile to work cant be provided.

Because it is ILLEGAL for me to tell you how to do it. It's like telling you how to commit a crime and get away with it. I am not allowed to do that. Porque me culpa a mi por eso? No era justo usted poner "poor" service. Estoy tratando de ayudar con lo que yo puedo dentro de la ley. Usted sabe como hacerlo, pero yo no se lo puedo decir. Please rate my service positively because it is unfair for you to rate me poorly. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i wont pay for an information i am not receiving. Not your fault though

Yes, but you didn't just ask for a refund. You decided to rate me "poorly". The poor rating is not about the website. It is about my personal service to you and that makes me look bad to the website. Do you understand what you did to me personally when all I am trying to do is help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How can i rate you good and get my refund?

You can't. The damage is done, BUT, if I give you an answer that you could use AND does not get me into trouble, would you consider re-rating me at that point? Remember, it won't be the easy and quick answer that you are looking for because what you want to do is fly to the U.S. enter and get a work permit quickly and that is not going to happen and that is not my fault. But I can tell you how you can do it without flying. Is that ok?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

solicitar una visa de trabajo previo..

Mire, para usted recibir un parole y permiso de trabajo inmediatamente, no puede entrar con visa. Tiene que entrar presentandose como Cubano y esposa de Cubano. Por ejemplo, si se presenta en la frontera sin visa, entonces ahi si puede recibir un parole para entar a EEUU, poder trabajar y entonces cuando llega tener un año y un dia, ya puede solicitar el ajuste cubano. Lo que no le puedo decir es como hacer lo mismo y volar. Solamente le puedo decir que para obtener parole, no puede entrar con visa. Espero que me entienda. Lo siento que no le puedo decir mas y espero que ahora ponga una opinion positiva de esta respuesta. Gracias.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no entendi.. pero bueno tu intencion es buena. Como hago para darte buen rate. pero quiero mi dinero de vuelta

Es muy simple. No trate de interpretar mas de lo que le digo ahora:

El que se presenta en la puerta de entrada sin visa pero solamente como Cubano y esposa de un Cubano, puede pedir asilo y recibir un parole para entrar a EEUU y poder trabajar. Pero el que entra legalmente, con visa de turista, tiene que bancarse estar un tiempo sin permiso de trabajo hasta que lleque un año y un dia en el pais para poder solicitar el ajuste cubano y un permiso de trabajo.

Para darme un positive rating, solamente tiene que hacerlo sobre unas de mis respuestas nuevas. Gracias.
¿Disculpe, pero porque no responde? ¿Por qué no quiere que el sitio me pague por todas las respuestas que le e dado? A usted no le cobran de nuevo y su pregunta no se cierra, solamente la transacción. Es decir que puede seguir haciendo preguntas en la misma serie de preguntas sin cargo adicional. ¿Que mas le puedo responder?
Gracias XXXXX XXXXX gentileza. No sé porque no quiere responder y porque no quiere dejar una opinión sobre el servicio, pero yo no tengo la culpa si la ley no tiene una solución simple para su situación. Por lo menos tiene la verdad y la verdad lo ayuda que no caiga en manos de los ladrones en la calle que se aprovechan de la gente. Lo siento y le deseo buena suerte.