Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

i am applying for my mom to come here in us. i am a citizen

i am applying for my mom to come here in us. i am a citizen and i already pay all the fees including the visa. now the next step is affidavit of support and i am having problems with how to file this part. can someboby help me.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am sorry for your situation. What can I explain for you in regards XXXXX XXXXX matter?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i need to file an affidavit of support. this the last part that hold me up. please help? what kind of forms i need to print out.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Fabiloa,

The Affidavit of Support is the I-864, Affidavit of Support Under Section. Typically, one prints it out, fills it out, and sends it in along with the proof needed to show that you can indeed support her. The affidavit itself can be found here.

There are step by step instructions as well as the forms at the link. It should tell you what you need to include with the affidavit (typically, proof of income).

Please look over it, and let me know if I can clarify anything by using the REPLY button.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)
Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience: Private practice in several areas, including immigration