Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.

L1A individual with 15-Dec-2013 as my I-94 expiry date

I am on L1A individual with 15-Dec-2013 as my I-94 expiry date as well as 7 year completion date. My company will apply for GC under EB1 by mid of August 2013. If my I-140 is in progress and not approved .. will I have to leave country ? If yes then can my GC continue? I am from India

Hello,my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.
As long as your EB!C petition is filed before the expiration date of 15 Dec 2-13, you may remain in the US while the petition is epending.
You will file the I-485 and I-765 work permit and I-131 to allow you to travel while you aare waiting.