Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

renewing drivers licence in delaware after expiering VISA.

renewing drivers licence in delaware after expiering VISA. I'm working under 8 CFR 274a.12(b)(20) provisioned under law. My company has filed L1B extension before my VISA got expired.

Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

So you are saying that the DMV is refusing to accept your receipt for the L-1A extension in order to renew your license?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They accepted that twice and gave me extentions two months each. Now again my licence is due and they said will not get extensions

Well, unfortunately, I have bad news for you but maybe a solution. The U.S. government cannot force the states like Delaware to accept certain things or not in order to issue drivers licenses. So it is up to them as to what they will accept. You cannot force them. However, the good news is that if you really NEED the license (you aren't going to get deported because you get stopped for not having a license), you can pay $1250 or so to do Premium Processing on the extension request. Here is a link:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=971b60657dd68210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/. Thank you!