Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

Hi! I am a male applicant for VAWA (I360). I currently have

I am a male applicant for VAWA (I360). I currently have and EAD under OPT(F1 student that graduated from college). My EAD will expire in october. My lawyer filed the I360 application without I765 and I485. I received the letter saying that I established Prima Facie. Can I apply for and EAD (different from the OPT EAD) or can I renew my current EAD? I have a few big companies that were willing to hire me if I had more time left on my EAD.
Thank you very much for any insight!!
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

You can only apply for an EAD when the I-485 is filed. You cannot renew your current EAD if your OPT has expired. If you are still under valid OPT, then you can renew your EAD through that basis.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to Thank you!