Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

how does the Diversity Visa Program work, and who can appl

how does the Diversity Visa Program work, and who can apply?
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

You mean the Diversity Lottery? What country were you born in? I assume you are not in the U.S. illegally?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, the diversity lottery. Not in the U.S. at this point in time.

I am a south african citizen and fall under Job zone 3 with a 7.0 svp range.

Well, here is the official link:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1322.html

You will be able to register for the next lottery in October of this year. There will be about 50,000 visas available to that process. If you are chosen, they will let you know and send you additional instructions.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!