Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

I am a US citizen Filed an I-130 application for my foreign

I am a US citizen Filed an I-130 application for my foreign born spouse, i went to the interview with her and were interviewed together, then given a pink paper to come back following day for a joint , we were interviewed seperately and then given a white paper 221g which the consul told the case is under administrative review and we can check the case status online or contact the US consulate where my wife is in Guyana, I need advise on this.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

What advice do you need? There isn't anything you can do at the moment until they respond. What do you feel went wrong? How long have you known each other? Did all of your answers match? What evidence did you submit?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Should i get my senator to send a letter to the US consulate abroad? Or just wait for them?we have known each other for about 2 years. We submit wedding photos, all my trips photos, flight records, phone logs, emails, ecards, wedding cards, emails, hotel stay receipts, western union money receipts, our answers were matching.

Honestly, I would wait to hear a response from them before getting your Senator involved. You don't really know anything yet. They may not even deny the case because it looks like you have good evidence and your interview went well. Hopefully they will have a decision within a few weeks, but it is impossible to tell how long they will take. I wish I could tell you how long, but you can ask them for an estimate. After you get a response, if it is a negative one, you can contact either or both of your U.S. Senators or your U.S. Representative. Here is a link:

http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/. Thank you!

Experience: 10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I had previously filed an application an a Fiance visa, which they had denied, the consul at the interview said her advise is for us to get married and file an I-130 app. which i did, so i really am worried right now, its like my life is on hold, and as an american citizen not treated fairly at all, by my own people.

I totally understand. It is very frustrating, but the way you have to look at it is this way. It isn't that they are treating you unfairly. Your rights as a U.S. Citizen do not extend to others. As a non-U.S. Citizen, she has no "rights". She has a discretionary benefit. If you look at it like that, I hope that you would feel better about the process because the issue is that there is a great deal of fraud in this area. So for your benefit and the integrity of the system and security concerns after 9/11, they have to do their process and investigate everything. So it isn't that they have anything against you, and they most likely don't even have anything against her, but the process exists for a reason. So just be a little more patient and I think you should be ok because often people don't even bother to file for a K-3 after a K-1 has been denied. And that you have continued to be in a relationship, submitted the proper evidence and did a good interview shows me that I think you should be ok. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. And don't forget that bonuses are always appreciated! Thank you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your honest advise
You are very welcome. Good luck to you!