Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I am currently working in L1. Another company sponspered H1B

I am currently working in L1. Another company sponspered H1B this year. My Petition is not yet approved. I have the following questions

1) If my H1B is getting approved. Can i continue to work in L1 with my current employer till Oct 2013 and Join the new employer with H1B on Nov 2013

2) if my H1B Petition is rejected, will my Current L1 Visa will be valid and can I continue with the same employer in USA.

Hello,my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

) If my H1B is getting approved. Can i continue to work in L1 with my current employer till Oct 2013 and Join the new employer with H1B on Nov 2013
If your H1B petition is approved with a change of status effective October 1, 2013, you must commence your employment with the H1B employer as of that date.

Your L1 is no longer valid as of the date your H1B change of status becomes effective.

You may not continue to work for the L1 employer after the COS takes place.

Yes, if your H1B petition is denied it does not effect your valid L1 petition and you continue with the L1 employer just as you have been. You do not need to inform the employer of the denied petition.

Judith