Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Filed for removal of condition in 2010. immigration was backed

Filed for removal of condition in 2010. immigration was backed up . i scheduled for interview feb 2013, and filed for divorce march 2012.received denial letter march 3 2013 and letter of deportation proceeding to commence on a set date.i have not received the letter with date yet 7/26/13 .I-551 stamp extended to June 2014...i filed for a divorce cus i was being abused. i presently am engaged but not sure if my remarrying would in any way affect this problem .please now that i have a letter of deportation, please what do i do?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

Hello,my name is Judith. Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions.

What evidence of abuse do you have?

Police report? Medical report? Witnesses? Photos of injuries?

Judith

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i dont have pictures of injuries. i wanted to get the police report of the 911 call made that day but was told after a year they exponge. i have bank statements showing the joint account was closed due to overdraft, purchase of alchohol. (he drinks aot), letter from church showing we are members of the church,and of the choir, pictures of family vacation we went twice while married, car insurance in our name,utility bills in our names, bank statements in our names, tax returns we filed jointly, pictures we took when his 3kids from another lady came around to the house.

Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

What about witnesses to the abuse, did you tell anyone about it?

Judith

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes i did. three people. one is outside the US while the other two live in the US. One was my neighbour.

Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
Will they give you affidavits about your discussions with them about the drinking and abuse?
Did your neighbor see the police car at the house when you made the 911 call?

Judith
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

they will..

it was at night and am not sure if she saw the police car because we do off street parking

Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a lawyer?

Judith
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i think i should clarify this: i actually dint make the 911 call, he was drunk and had hit me and pushed me, in self defence i picked a stick ,he ran into the bathroom, locked himself up and dialled 911. the police came,assessed the situation, saw he was very drunk, empty bottles, the police told him to leave the house.

Yes i just got a lawyer. but i need to advice from here

Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

I'm glad you got a lawyer.

I think you stand a good chance of having the judge approve the I-751 based on the good faith marriage and reverse USCIS.

Every judge is different and has a reputation on how they treat these types of cases. That is why you need to have a lawyer who knows how this court rules in cases like yours because if you can win based on your own it would be better than to marry and have that complicate your own good case.

You need to trust the advice your lawyer is giving you. That is why you are paying them. they know that court better than I can speculate.

Judith

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do you think my remarrying now will pose a problem?

Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

Honestly, now that you have a lawyer you need to turn to them and trust them. It would be unethical for me to give an opinion in the situation you are in. You are before a judge to be removed, you need a lawyer to advise you. I cannot do that.

Judith

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i understand ...i just want to know what the law says

Expert:  Judith replied 1 year ago.

It is all how the judge looks at it.

That is why the lawyer who knows those judges and that court needs to advise you.

Judith

Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience: 34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.